Thinking about donating your eggs? You may be wondering about the difference between an agency and an egg bank. You may also wonder if there are really any differences between all the egg banks out there looking for donors. Here’s what sets Fairfax EggBank apart, and why donating to our frozen egg bank offers our donors convenience, fair compensation, and a lot of experience.
Meet Fairfax EggBank
Fairfax EggBank is one the most highly regarded egg banks in the country. Open since 2006, we’ve pioneered the use of frozen donor eggs, and we’ve been working with egg donors since the 1980s. Plus, we founded Fairfax CryoBank, a leading sperm bank. In short, we’ve been helping infertile couples and working with donors for a long time—and experience matters.
No Matching Game
Since Fairfax EggBank is a frozen egg bank, you don’t have to wait to be matched—you can donate your eggs as soon as you pass our screening and are accepted into the donor program. If you donate your eggs through a traditional egg donor agency, you could wait for months or even years to be matched with a couple—and that doesn’t even include the screening process, a critical part of egg donation. You might not even be matched at all.
No Waiting Game
If you choose to be a “live” or “fresh” donor, the waiting continues even after you’ve been matched. You’ll need to have your menstrual cycle synced with that of the recipient of your egg, and that could take months. Not so with Fairfax EggBank. Since we’re a frozen egg bank, you can donate immediately based on your schedule. Your donated eggs will be shipped to families in need, thawed, and used in IVF on their schedule. There’s no waiting for either donor or recipient, and that’s a benefit for you both.
Trusted by Clinics around the World
We work with many partner clinics helping couples struggling with infertility—more than 125 IVF clinics worldwide. That means we’re a trusted resource, and couples the world over are looking for a donor like you.
Compensation for Your Time—At Every Stage
Our donors give our recipients something priceless: hope. It’s only fair that we compensate our egg donors fairly. What’s more, we compensate our donors throughout the egg donation process. Here’s a quick rundown:
- The first stage is an information session and interview, a urine drug screening, and a hormone test. Once this first stage is completed, all prospective donors receive $50.
- The second stage includes a complete medical exam, a review of your medical history, a blood draw, and a psychological screening. You receive $150 compensation.
- The third stage is a thorough review and evaluation of all your medical and personal info. If you’re accepted into the egg donor program, you receive $300.
- Once you go through the process of donating your eggs, you’ll receive a set amount per donation cycle.
- We encourage our egg donors to donate again if they so choose. If eligible, you can complete six cycles and be compensated each time.
Thanks to our experience and our technology, Fairfax EggBank makes IVF with donor eggs easier and more affordable for our couples. But that’s not all. We make the egg donation experience easier and more convenient for our donors, and we pay you at every step of the way for your valuable time. After all, without our special donors, Fairfax EggBank couldn’t be there for couples longing to build their own families.